ALL THINGS IRELAND: ROBBIE KEANE WINS THE MLS CUP WITH LA GALAXY
GALWAY 0-26 WATERFORD 2-17...GALWAY'S 29-YEAR WAIT FOR AN ALL-IRELAND TITLE IS FINALLY, GLORIOUSLY OVER...

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ROBBIE KEANE WINS THE MLS CUP WITH LA GALAXY

Robbie Keane secured another medal to add to his collection following LA Galaxy's win against Houston, Texas in the MLS Cup last weekend.

Robbie played a key part in the victory, firstly he had a great goal wrongly ruled out for offside before he set up Landon Donovan for the only goal of the game with a great slide rule pass into the stricker's feet.
Keane admitted that traveling to Estonia and Dublin for Euro 2012 playoffs took it out of him, but was pleased to add another medal to his collection. “It was a tiring week, to be honest,” Keane said after the match. “The travelling got to me a little bit towards the end. Six games in two weeks, it’s a bit tough, but we won and that’s the main thing.



“I wasn’t quite sure whether I was offside for my goal and I had another shot and should have hit the target, but I set Landon up for the goal that won the championship and that’s the most important thing. They made it hard for us. We dominated the game to be honest with you but we just didn’t get through. I just dropped off and I saw Landon running through. It was sort of a reverse pass to him and Landon did the rest, it was a great finish. From then on, we knew we were going to win.”


English superstar David Beckham looks set to leave the MLS Cup winners after his contract expires, and has been heavily linked with a move to Paris St Germain. Keane admitted that he would like the winger to stay, but that it’s unlikely that the Galaxy will keep hold of their marquee signing. “I’ve loved playing with David Beckham and hopefully we will continue to play together,” Keane said. “I’ve played against David over the years and I got a taste of how good he is when he trained with Spurs last winter. But it has been a pleasure to play with him for the Galaxy.”


Well done Robbie see you at the Euros.

No comments :

Post a Comment