ALL THINGS IRELAND: WEST HAM SIGN MAGUIRE FROM WATERFORD UTD
GALWAY 0-26 WATERFORD 2-17...GALWAY'S 29-YEAR WAIT FOR AN ALL-IRELAND TITLE IS FINALLY, GLORIOUSLY OVER...

Thursday, January 3, 2013

WEST HAM SIGN MAGUIRE FROM WATERFORD UTD

Sean Maguire
West Ham have signed Republic of Ireland Under-19 striker Sean Maguire from Waterford United on a two-and-a-half-year contract.

 Maguire, 18, finished joint top scorer in the League of Ireland First Division in 2012, helping Waterford to gain promotion as runners-up.

 Maguire, who scored 13 goals in 24 appearances, told West Ham TV: "In summer 2011 the Waterford manager brought me in for a couple of training sessions and gave me a chance in the first team and I took it.

Here I am now at West Ham and it's a dream come true really. "People tend to say my best trait is my movement so hopefully I can show that here.

 I haven't been told yet which squad I will be in but I presume I'll be going into the reserves so I'll try to work my way up like I did at Waterford.''

No comments :

Post a Comment